Monday, December 3, 2007

Letter to HBO

Annie Vassallo
4200 54th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33711

November 30, 2007

HBO Human Resources
1100 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036

To Whom It May Concern:

I am a nineteen year old female student at Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, Florida. I was doing some research on Hurricane Katrina and its response efforts and saw that you aired Spike Lee’s documentary When the Levees Broke. I am writing in regards to how helpful the documentary was and how much it affected me when I saw the truth about the efforts that were actually made to help hurricane Katrina victims.

I have recognized that other news broadcasters focused more on the wreckage from hurricane Katrina, and the riots and mass hysteria in New Orleans. What I thought was great about your production of Spike Lee’s When the Levees Broke was that you focused on the people of New Orleans and how hurricane Katrina affected them.

I have recommended this documentary to many people because I believe that you did a wonderful job with producing it. It really helped me understand how things went in New Orleans and I think it will help others to understand as well.

Thank you for producing this documentary and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Annie Vassallo

No comments: